Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lumpia


This is an amazing recipe for Spring Rolls that was given to us from a Filipino friend in Bozeman. Just thought we'd share the wealth!

3 cloves garlic
minced
1 medium size onions chopped
1/4 lb. Ground beef or shrimps
1 pk. bean sprouts
2 c shredded cabbage
1 c green beans, diagonal thin sliced
1/2 c carrots, shredded
soy sauce ( optional)
cooking oil
salt & pepper
Bell pepper ( optional)
Celery( optional)
Knorr cubes (optional)
Spring rolls wrapper( Buy @ Asian grocery store)

Saute the garlic, onions and ground beef. Cook till meat is done. Add vegetables according to hardness. Seasoned to taste. When the vegetables are cooked, drain out all liquid. Wrap vegetable mixture in spring rolls wrapper as directed in the spring rolls packaging. Deep fry in low heat.

3 Comments:

Heidi said...

Ooh! I am very excited to try this!

Unknown said...

Can you put the recipe for chicken adoboe (sp?) on your blog or have you put it on dinner dilemma? I could really use some right about now....yummy summer meal...oh. who am i kidding? it's a yummy anytime meal...better yet...could you guys just come and visit and make me some :)

Carter Family said...

I served my mission in the philippines and I must say that Lumpia is awesome. I miss it. We will have to give this recipe a try. I actually have a dental assistant that is filipino and she brings it in every now and then.
Bryce