Friday, January 23, 2009

Back in the Saddle Again

We are settling into Greeley and finding our places. Just this week I was able to audition for and get accepted into the Greeley Chorale. It is a community choir that is very good and has all varieties of people in it. They are even going on tour to Greece in May. I'm pretty rusty as far as singing goes and my audition was HORRIBLE to say the least. BUT, the wonderful conductor saw past my faults and could see what I really can do. I talked with him after rehearsal on Wednesday night and he was extremely impressed with the quality that I added to the soprano section. I think he's pretty excited to have a young, fresh voice in the choir. There are a few warbly voices that need the balance of an even voice. I'm very excited for the chance to sing again. The only draw back is that my brother, Chris is getting married in Washington two days after the spring concert. So, given the situation, travel, activities, etc. I will be opting out of the concert. It is the only concert of the spring season. The conductor loved my voice so much though that he wants me to stay in and keep rehearsing with them until the concert. It feels great to be "back in the saddle again!"

4 Comments:

Leah said...

Congrats Camille! That will be fun for you!

CJ said...

Sorry I'm getting married! Haha! I'm glad you got in though and you can still go to the practices.

Brenny said...

That is very cool. Congratulations!

Heidi said...

Wow! Congrats!

Ok, it took me a while to figure out why you weren't updating your blog... duh Heidi, it was the 2008 one. I'm with ya now!